Thursday, June 25, 2009

Amazing Day


I had an amazing day today. It started off with a text that one of my little friends in Purok Sais was still sick. So I went and got Pastor Tony and we went to where he was staying. When we got there Kenzu got up on my lap and I could feal that he had a fever. As we prayed for him the Holy Spirit put an urgency in me to pray for somthing deeper than just a fever. When we were finished I knew we had prayed him through somthing a lot more serious. Kenzu is one of the kids in our school that is close to my heart. His father died just before he was born so I try to pay special attention to him when I am there.
As we were leaving a lady across the way that had heard us praying asked if we would come pray for her. So we went into her little one room house to find out what was wrong. She had just been sent home from working overseas because they found out she has cervical cancer. I spent some time talking to her about the goodness of God and and about the people we had prayed for that were healed from cancer and other diseases. Then I made sure she knew that God was not only able, but willing to heal her. We laid hands on her, prayed and spoke life into her body.When we were done Pastor Tony explained the Gospel to her and led her in a prayer to accept Jesus as her Savior. I still felt like she was missing something so I spent some time talking to her about how much God loves her. How she is His daughter and He wants to hold her in His arms and take care of her. Well by the time we got done both her and her sister who had come in were both in tears. I believe she is completely healed. She is very excited to come to church on Sunday. I have been praying for divine appointments and I believe this was one of them. God is so good!

No comments: